Actual Yogi Berra Quotes
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
"He must have made that before he died."
- referring to a Steve McQueen movie
"I want to thank you for making this day necessary."
- on Yogi Berra Appreciation Day in St. Louis in 1947
"I'd find the fellow who lost it, and, if he was poor, I'd return it."
- when asked what he would do if he found a million dollars
"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
"I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early."
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."
"You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."
"Baseball is 90% mental - the other half is physical."
"It was impossible to get a conversation going; everybody was talking too much."
"Slump? I ain't in no slump. I just ain't hitting."
"A nickel isn't worth a dime today."
"Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded."
"It gets late early out there."
- referring to the bad sun conditions in left field at the stadium
- referring to Glenn Close on a move review television show
- Yogi's answer when his wife Carmen asked, "Yogi, you are from St. Louis, we live in New Jersey, and you played ball in New York. If you go before I do, where would you like me to have you buried?"
"Do you mean now?"
- when asked for the time
"I take a two-hour nap, from one o'clock to four."
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."
Home / Humor