"Where do you think water comes from? The SKY?"
- From an overheard argument about water conservation.
- A young woman, in response to an attempt to explain why Arizona doesn't have any beaches.
- Woman, overheard in a diner.
- Man, upon receiving an answer when he asked what word described someone remaining with one person in marriage.
- A woman, commenting on the fall of the Berlin Wall and the likelihood that the Soviet Union would lose its satellite countries.
- Customer, describing a broken microwave to an employee of a repair shop.
- A teenager, to her father, after being told a flat tire would need to be replaced.
- a state legislator
- a state legislator
- A television news reporter, referring to the Clinton/Gore campaign fundraising issue.
- Board of Councilmen, Mississippi, mid-1800s
- A salesperson, describing a new telephony service.
- Mariah Carey
What I did was fail to comply with the law."
- David Dinkins, New York City Mayor, answering accusations that he failed to pay his taxes.
If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."
- Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign
- Mr. New Jersey contestant when asked what he would do with a million dollars.
- General William Westmoreland, during the war in Vietnam
Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country."
- Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC
Answer: "I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."
- Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest
- Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward.
- Former U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Former Australian cabinet minister Keppel Enderbery
- Jason Kidd, upon his drafting to the Dallas Mavericks
- Matt Lauer on NBC's Today show, August 22
Not only do they put the clips on, but they take them off."
- Pratt & Whitney spokesperson explaining why the company charged the Air Force nearly $1,000 for an ordinary pair of pliers
It's only the people who make them unsafe."
- Frank Rizzo, ex-police chief and mayor of Philadelphia
- Clinton aide George Stephanopolous speaking on "Larry King Live"
I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president."
- Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents
- Philip Streifer, Superintendent of Schools, Barrington, Rhode Island
- A congressional candidate in Texas
- Monica Lewinsky, on whether she is receiving financial incentives from Jenny Craig to lose weight
* "That's water over the bridge."
Home / Humor and Whimsy